- The turrets have reasonable rocket fire power and defend themselves.
- Each turret has a group of tough sentry ships, mostly level 33 Marauders.
- You have to get very close to the turret to place the A.M. bombs.
- Apart from at the first turret you get no notification that the A.M. Bomb is placed.
- You've only got 25 minutes to blow them all.
- All the usual Technatoria hazards still exist, such as Death Squads (DSs).
I tried my Storm ship Kara III at first, but after a few attempts I realised that I just wasn't strong enough to fight off the sentries with the turrets' providing supporting fire. Even if you can survive the fight it eats up both time and energy. So I switched to Marie II my Engineer and changed tactics.
The way I finally succeeded was to use hit and run. I'd fly towards the turrets (watching out for DSs) and turn on my Protector at the last minute. I'd stop virtually on top of the turret, wait for about three seconds soaking up the fire while the bomb is placed, then turn and Afterburn away. Once I'd got clear of any pursuit and hid myself in an empty area, I'd use the 'End' key to cycle through targets. You have to keep changing heading while you're doing this of course or you'll end up flying into trouble. Eventually the A.M bomb is selected, at which point you scan it. The bomb goes Ka-Blooey and takes the turret with it. One down.
The key things with this tactic are timing and planning. Stay at the turret too long and you're toast, leave too soon and the bomb won't drop. You also have to plan your escape route and hiding place after the bomb drop. It's easy to burn away and end up in the middle of a spawning ground by mistake.
A tank would be the best ship for this one, at least when using my tactics. Don't get podded as you can't afford the time or resurrect energy.