Sunday, May 29, 2011

'Spying on Bill'

Stealthy as a Pixie, Serig darted from mushroom to toadstool
The preceding story mission was: 'Deliver Mine Intel'

The following story mission is: 'Traitor Eradication'

This is a poor mission, but at least it does start to wrap up the traitor arc which is becoming a bit stale by this point.

Jake Rattenbury is becoming suspicious of Bill Darius and wants you to find out what he gets up to between smuggling jobs. On the surface on Lyris you are tasked with following Bill, but keeping your range to him between 200 and 1,000. That bit I liked as we haven't had to do that before. This was a little tricky when Bill turns a corner and so got closer as he passed on the other side of a ridge. I suspect the mission is a little tolerant though, because I did go outside of the tolerance once or twice with no ill-effects.

After a little while Bill stopped moving so I stayed at the desired range. However nothing seemed to happen so I eventually crept closer. Bill then went to orbit and I thought I saw another ship orbiting too. Jake then cut in and ranted that Bill was hanging with Major Ivanova who was thought to be destroyed. Bill is obviously working for the Colonials and Jake wants to make him pay.

The fact that I never saw Bill and Ivanova together and had to have Jake tell me what happened is just annoying. It may well be realistic but it does lack drama. It would have been better if you had been given an a rendezvous point by Jake from an intercepted message. Then you could have hidden in a sensor blind spot or powered down ship perhaps.

Not very challenging and not very dramatic. Maybe things are about to hot up though.

No comments:

Post a Comment